Plasma Research Laboratory induction procedures
Induction procedures for visitors, staff and students
Each new person, whether a staff member, student or visitor, is required to undergo induction on their arrival. The DA will undertake most of the required administration.
The DA will provide each new starter with a welcome packet and stationery pack.
Each preson will need:
- Allocation of office space and phone number.
- Allocation of office key including signing of key register.
- Instructions to obtain ANU photo identification card at Security Office or a PRL Visitors Pass.
- Allocation of after hours building access on ID card.
- Updating detail into departmental/school database with photo.
- Instructions regarding parking permits and campus map.
- SCU application form submission to allocate with appropriate of server access, computer account and email.
- Instructions to have laptop power supply tested and tagged by electronic unit.
- An entry for the bulletin/welcome email distributed.
- Meeting with a Technical Officer to be briefed on Occupational Health and Safety.
Visitors will also need:
- To meet with Human Resources to provide any medical insurance/visa/Passport documentation in accordance with their offer letter.
- To allocate a POI identification number if access is required for ANU facilities or wireless network and financial assistant.
- To assist with accommodation.
- To reimburse expenses.
Students will also need:
Staff will also need:
- To register for approval to drive a school vehicle
- To register for store purchases access
- To register on the online ANU staff directory
- To meet other members of staff
- To meet with Human Resources to provide salary/superannuation details plus any other documentation required by their employment agreement.
- To complete the appropriate online learning modules
Further induction information for new staff is provided on the ANU HR website