Physics project market day
14 August 2018
11.30am - 2pm
RSPE Oliphant building (#60)
Are you interested in doing physics research at the ANU?
As part of science week 2017 Physics ANU presents 'Physics Project Market Day'. Over 60 ANU physics academics will present posters detailing their research with more than 100 student projects at all levels on offer including:
- Summer scholarships
- 3rd year physics research projects
- PhB Advanced study courses
- Honours projects
Travel scholarships are available for interstate non-ANU students to attend the Market Day and find out about studying Physics at ANU (closing date for applications 28 July 2017).
Download the travel scholarship application form (PDF, 248kB).
Demonstrations and tours of the research facilities will be offered and information regarding coursework and graduate scholarships will also be available. Plus lunch is FREE.
This is a valuable opportunity to engage with potential supervisors and to check out physics project options across a wide range of areas such as:
- Photonics, Lasers and Nonlinear Optics
- Clean energy
- Fusion and Plasma Confinement
- Environmental Physics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Quantum Science, Device and Technology
- Plasma Applications and Technology
- Nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Physics and Fluids
- Physics of Nucleus
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Topological and Structural Science
- Physics Education
Potential research projects can be found in our searchable project database.