Guidelines for Research School of Physics procurement activities in compliance with ANU Procurement Guidelines, Expenditure and Delegation Policies.
- All purchases need prior approval from either the GLC’s chief investigator or HoD.
- It is preferred that all RSPhys procurement activities must go through the RSPhys Purchasing & Store team, or an approved purchasers. Staff/students are required to raise purchase requisition through the requisition system, and provide supporting documents as required under the different procurement thresholds as detailed below. If access to the requisition system is required, please complete the form and send it to email@example.com.
- Two (or more) quotes are not required under the procurement threshold below if purchases are made from the University’s Preferred Suppliers or Mandated Arrangements
Processes to consider when purchasing
- IT through SCU
- All electrical items must be test and tagged before use
- UPS require RCD on device side. See this procedure (PDF, 28kB)
- Chemicals require WHS pre approval before purchase
- Use Mandatory/Preferred suppliers where appropriate
Required supporting documents
Important: Procurement must not be divided or split into separate parts to avoid a procurement threshold, this is ANU policy
1. Total purchase valued less than $5,000 - Minor Procurement
2. Total purchase valued between $5000 - $50,000 - Medium Procurement
3. Total purchase valued between $50,000 - $250,000 – Large Scale Procurement
3. Total purchase valued above $250,000 – Major Procurement
- Purchase valued above $250,000 is a major procurement, and require a tendering process. However an authorized delegate may approve an exemption from this tendering process.
- You must consult the RSPhys Purchasing & Store team with all purchases over $250,000 before any action is taken, so they may provide further guidance.
Purchase /expenditures (excluding R ledgers) up to $5,000 must be approved by chief investigator (CI) or appropriate delegate. HoD’s expenditure must be approved by the School Manager or Director. The School is under the current Expenditure Control Framework, the below approval is required.
- Expenditure on R-Ledger: R ledger funds are limited as a general rule. If the R ledger must be used, justification is required and must be approved by the HoD or School Manager.
However if purchased through the RSPhys Purchasing & Store team/or through an approved purchasing persons they will seek approval accordingly.
List of approved purchasers:
- RSPhys Purchasing & Store team.
- School Administrators (including Centre Administrators)
- Functional Managers (SCU, EU, WS)
- Limited Technical staff and others for operational reasons