Work, Health and Safety Commitment
The Research School of Physics (RSPhys) undertakes research and teaching activities at the highest international levels and is committed to providing staff, students, visitors and contractors with a safe and healthy work environment in its duty of care.
Through the leadership of its senior staff and the commitment and active engagement of all staff members, the Research School of Physics and Engineering aims to achieve this objective by ensuring:
- Compliance with all relevant occupational Health and Safety Legislation including the OHS Act, National Standards and Codes of Practice and the ANU’s Health and Safety Management Arrangements.
- Integration of health and safety issues into RSPhys activities and planning processes.
- Provision of adequate resources, including financial, to facilitate the fulfilment of Occupational Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Encourage a risk management approach to safety by hazard identification and elimination, or control, as far as practicable.
- Encourage the reporting of incidents, hazards and near misses (through ANU HORUS).
- Provision of current information, and supervision for all staff and students to enable them to work and study in a safe and healthy manner. Encourage appropriate Health and Safety training for all staff.
- Effective communication and consultation with appropriate stakeholders to enable resolution of Health and Safety issues through established consultative mechanisms.
- On-going evaluation and monitoring of Work Health and Safety performance, through consultation with the ANU Work Environment Group (WEG). Undertake monitoring and analysis of incident and hazard reports.
This statement shall be subject to periodic review in consultation with relevant parties’ agreement.
Prof. Tim Senden
28 July 2015
Version 1.0 Review 2018