Andrew Thomas Space Foundation
Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol46 Issue19 17–21 May 2021
Two of these programs:
Program 1 - The Andy Thomas Space Foundation EOS Space Systems Research Awards.
3 prizes of $10,000 each. In partnership with the Andy Thomas Space Foundation, EOS encourages applications from Australian masters or doctoral candidates to apply for a Foundation-EOS research award in any of the following areas (Note: topics from other areas of space science will also be considered if they align with current research interests of EOS):
- Novel algorithms for satellite behavioural analysis using ground-based imagery
-Decision support systems for space domain awareness
- Optical communications
- Next-generation high energy lasers for space debris tracking
- Optimised satellite constellation design for optical communications platforms (in Earth, Moon, or Mars orbit)
- Efficient algorithms for a smart sensor network (AI-controlled sensor network)
- Characterisation of and compensation for optical transmission through the turbulent atmosphere and
- High accuracy range-finding systems.
Application deadline: 30 June 2021
Program 3 - The Andy Thomas Space Foundation Graduate Scholarships in Space
3 scholarships of $10,000 each. For Australian citizens and permanent residents. Applications will be received from graduates to attend an honours or masters program in a space-related field of research. This qualification helps to deepen one’s understanding and experience within space science and technology, connecting the upstream space and downstream industries. Moreover, it enables students at the end of their course to access the full scholarships or top-up scholarship offered by the SmartSat Cooperative Research Centre to suitably qualified applicants for PhDs by Research programs.
Application deadline: 31 July 2021