Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol43 Issue49 25–29 December 2017
To apply for a 2018 parking permit:
- Sign in to vPermit at https://www.vpermit.com.au/anu/ using the email and password that you registered for vPermit with. If you have not used vPermit before, you will need to register for an account.
- Select ‘Apply for a vPermit’
- Select the permit that you would like from the drop-down menu. Options are:
o Honorary Surface permit (30.06.18) Expires 30 June 2018, no cost ($0) in 2018
o Honorary Surface permit (31.12.18) Expires 31 December 2018, no cost ($0) in 2018
o Honorary parking station permits Valid in one of the following parking stations – Baldessin, Dickson, Kingsley, or Acton Underhill Expires on 30 June 2018 or 31 December 2018, $1,254.75 per year in 2018
- Select ‘Pay in Person’
- Enter your postal address and car registration plate number
- Attach your letter of appointment (in your honorary position) and other supporting documentation. Please submit this as one file. NOTE: If you have a hard copy of your supporting documentation, the Parking Office can scan this for you to attach electronically.
The University Executive has advised the criteria surrounding eligibility for honorary parking permits is as follows:
- Provide a letter of proof of Honorary or Emeritus status, or confirmation of your status in writing from HR and
- Have published at least one research paper with an ANU affiliation in the last 12 months and/or
- Be supervising a current ANU student and/or
- Be a recipient of a current research grant.
- Select ‘Register’
- Contact the Parking Office (either in person, by phone, or by email) to have your permit activated. You are not permitted to park on campus until the Parking Office has activated your permit.
Using your parking permit
Your account details (including car registration details) can be managed by logging in to vPermit online.
You may have up to three cars registered against your parking but only one vehicle at a time can be nominated as the active vehicle. When parking on campus ensure that the active vehicle registration matches the registration of the vehicle you have parked on campus.
You can easily update your active registration via vPermit. This can be done by either logging into the vPermit site or downloading the ANU vPermit app to your iPhone or Android smart phone. Simply search for 'vpermit app' on the Apple App Store or Google Play, install the app and log in using your university ID.