ANU Gender Institute 2017 Grant Round 2 OPEN
Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol43 Issue45 27 November–1 December 2017
Applications can be made in the following categories (it is acceptable to use multiple categories within a grant application):
· Workshops for postgraduate students (up to $4000)
· Writing workshops for early career researchers (up to $4000)
· Distinguished lecture by a renowned scholar (up to $4000)
· Signature event for the following year (up to $10,000)
· Gender equity research and innovative initiatives within ANU (up to $10,000)
· Seed funding for cross-disciplinary collaborative research aligned with the aims of the Gender Institute - e.g. To support a seminar series (up to $4,000)
· Workshop, conference or symposium on gender and/or sexuality (up to $4000)
Grant round 2 2017 closes on November 30, 2017.
Please read the funding guidelines before submitting an application. Application forms must be submitted via the online portal
Please direct all enquiries to Gender Institute administrator Laura Jayne Robinson by email.
2017 Prizes for Excellence in Gender and Sexuality Research
Applications for the 2017 Gender Institute student prizes for undergraduate and graduate work completed in 2017 are open. Prizewinners will be announced in March 2018.
Prizes will be awarded to ANU students under the following categories:
· Undergraduate Honours Thesis $500
· Masters Essay/Thesis $500
· PhD Thesis $1000
· Journal article published in 2017 by an ANU graduate student $500
Prizewinners will be selected based on quality in the specialist disciplines or field, (as evinced in the examiners' reports), and evidence of how far the thesis was seen to advance broader feminist theory in studies of gender and/or sexuality.
Applications close 15 December 2017. The application forms must be submitted via the online portal. Read more about the application process here.
Updated: 28 March 2023/ Responsible Officer: Director, RSPhys/ Page Contact: Physics Webmaster