Australia-China Young Scientists Exchange Programme (YSEP)
Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol44 Issue17 29 April–3 May 2019
Funding Opportunity: Australia-China Young Scientists Exchange Programme (YSEP)
Programme Guidelines and Application Forms: https://www.applied.org.au/programs-and-awards/international-collaboration/ysep-applications-2019/
ANU Internal Ranking: Three applications from ANU can be submitted. Please notify your College Research Office(email@example.com) ASAP if you intend to apply, in order to be kept up to date with internal deadlines.
Funding Body Deadline: 20 May 2019 (Note: ANU internal deadlines will apply)
The programme is a joint governmental initiative funded by the Australian Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST). It is supported by the Australia-China Strategic Research Fund.
YSEP funds an annual exchange of Australian and Chinese early to mid-career researchers in the fields of science, technology and medicine. It is open to researchers in academia and research institutes and to researchers in business and industry.
This prestigious program aims to:
- Increase early to mid-career Australian and Chinese researchers’ understanding of the cultures, particularly the science and research practices and systems, of the two countries
- Develop the participants’ leadership skills as future “science ambassadors” for Australia and China
- Provide a catalyst for long-term, sustainable Australia-China research collaboration
Australian participants will:
- Travel to China between 20 October and 1 November 2019. Please note that travel and visits must be undertaken during this period
- Undertake an individual program of research-related visits, meetings, seminars, workshops and symposia with Chinese partners, either in academic institutions and/or business and industry
Participants’ travel, accommodation and associated living costs will be covered by the program.
Senior Research Management Officer
Joint Colleges Administration
Science; Health & Medicine
The Australian National University
Jaeger 8 Building, 142 Mills Road
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: +61 2 6125 4376 (x54376)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com