Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol43 Issue77 9–13 July 2018
You are encouraged to attend the 8th Annual ANU NECTAR Forum on 24-25 July at the National Museum of Australia. Registrations close 13 July, partial attendance is optional.
ANU is exceptional in having a Network of all early-career academics, researchers and teachers. This is the annual event where they meet as a community to have a direct collegial discussion with the University Executive. Part of the program is relevant to all teaching staff, not just ECAs, so please do have a look at the program.
Program highlights include discussion on the following questions:
- Did you know that ANU RAP states that we will incorporate Indigenous perspectives in our curricula? Have you thought about how you will go about achieving that?
- How can ANU improve career progression for ECAs?
- How can we overcome the obstacles of sexual misconduct, harassment, hostility and practices of inequity within the university?
- What CAN you do when things go wrong?
Guest speakers include Australian Research Council Executives. Those from the University Executive are:
- Brian Schmidt, Vice-Chancellor
- Mike Calford, Provost
- Marnie Hughes-Warrington, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
- Grady Venville, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education)
All staff and HDR candidates who self-identify as early-career academics or who would like to learn more about the topics relevant to early-career academics are invited. Family members and chaperones are actively encouraged to attend all NECTAR events, as welcomed parts of our community.
For more information including the full program, please visit the NECTAR website: nectar.anu.edu.au.
Placements are filling up fast for this event and registrations will close Friday 13 July.
Please contact us if you have any questions, or ideas for improvements, we love to hear from you.
Sophie and Hannah from the NECTAR Office
ANU NECTAR Coordinator
Network for Early Career Teachers, Academics and Researchers
Chancelry Building 10T1, Fellows Road, Room 1.32
The Australian National University
Acton ACT 2601
T + 61 2 6125 7165
F + 61 2 6125 4023
M + 61 (0)415 221 830
Please note I work part time largely within school hours.