RSPE Mechanical Workshop
The research efforts of the School and the wider ANU community are supported by the mechanical workshop which is equipped with a range of the latest computer controlled machine tools. Workshop staff are all experts in their respective fields and as a team offer one of the most advanced manufacturing services available in Australia. We specialise in manufacturing research apparatus, including vacuum chambers and complex assemblies.
Some of our capabilities include:
- Computer controlled machining centres with a capacity to 1500mm by 660mm by 660mm
- Computer controlled turning centre with a capacity of 220mm diameter by 500mm long
- Computer controlled wire electric discharge machine with a capacity of 600mm by 400mm by 310mm
- A fully equipped welding bay
- A fully equipped grinding shop
- A range of manually controlled machine tools
- Sheet metal working tools
- Training room
- Autodesk Inventor for 3D mechanical design, documentation and product simulation
If you require technical or engineering assistance or need discuss new projects please contact the Mechanical Workshop Manager.
We are also happy to undertake commission work and have constructed many advanced components for other universities and research institutions.
Please submit a project request form (94KB PDF) for any work that you wish us to undertake.
A selection of photos of the RSPE Mechanical Workshop are available online.