Applications Open for 71st Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting 2022
Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol46 Issue33 23–27 August 2021
Please ensure completed applications are returned to the College as follows:
Monday 06 September 2021, 5pm - Complete ECR applications submitted to the local College Research Office (CRO).
Wednesday 08 September 2021, 5pm - Complete HDR applications submitted to either: CoS/CHM, or CECS.
The endowment includes (subject to COVID-19 travel restrictions):
- An international return economy airfare from Australia to the international airport closest to Lindau (up to AUD4,000)
- Participation (including accommodation) in the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting (up to AUD3,500).
- A $500 travel grant and registration to attend ‘Science at the Shine Dome’, an annual celebration of science held at the Australian Academy of Science in Canberra. This is where the Lindau briefing event will be held.
- All successful candidates are expected to attend the full program of events of the 71st Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting. Delegates will need to arrive in Lindau before the opening ceremony on Sunday 26 June 2022 and depart after the close of the program on Friday 01 July 2022. Delegates will then have the opportunity to take part in a SIEF Research Innovation tour, visiting relevant laboratories and businesses in Germany, concluding on the morning of Friday 08 July 2022.
See the endowment webpage for eligibility requirements:
Applications are open to eligible Australian-based early career researchers, specifically:
- Applicants currently enrolled in a research higher degree* at an Australian University; and/or
- Applicants who have (1) undertaken a research higher degree* and the applicant’s most recent higher degree has been conferred for less than three years and are (2) working in an Australian university, Australian publicly-funded research organisation or research-focused institution.
- Applicants must be aged 35 years or younger at the time of the meeting.
- Applicants will not hold a permanent position (in particular professorships).
The above must be current at the date of the Lindau Meeting (26 June to 01 July 2022).
Please note that selection will favour applicants currently undertaking doctoral studies or postdoctoral fellowships.
*Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or a Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Please submit the following as detailed above:
- Academy application form (attached)
- Curriculum vitae (maximum two pages)
- Recent publication list, including conference presentations (maximum two pages)
- Letter of recommendation from your academic supervisor or an internationally renowned scientist, including the specialist scientific expertise of the referee.