Science in the Pub
Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol43 Issue97 26–30 November 2018
Science in the Pub turns the spotlight on computing in December
Science in the Pub turns the spotlight on computing in December - the call for presenters is now open. Computer scientists, supercomputer users from all disciplines, AI bots… Students to profs, all welcome to share the latest amazing developments in a friendly and chilled environment.
You have eight minutes to tell a story, wow the crowd or share a breakthrough: we've had ecology stand-up comedy, chemistry experiments, biology quizzes, and physics poetry. What computing and science marvels will you share?
When: 6 PM Tuesday December 4th 2018
Where: Smiths Alternative, 76 Alinga St, Civic
Cost: Free thanks to Inspiring Australia and National Computational Infrastructure.
More Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/412367085960729/
The crowd have a comfy seat and a relaxing beverage in their hand, and MC Dr Phil will make sure they’re ready to have their minds blown. It’s the perfect environment to get your confidence up, or to try out something creative.
It’s free thanks to sponsorship by Inspiring Australia and the National Computational Infrastructure.
Contact Dr Phil to get involved or discuss ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fine Print
* Acts are limited to strictly eight minutes.
* Available resources at the venue: powerpoint, screen, mac, microphone, PA sound system, dimmable lights.
* Participants need to inform us of their requirements for AV, sound, tables, power, etc before the night.
* Presentations are displayed from laptop provided only, to prevent AV hiccups. We’ll assist with downloading material and testing in advance
* There are limited slots available on the night: we will do our best to include as many participants as possible, selection will be based on showcasing a range of performances and experience.
*There will be limited help available for setup and packup, for heavy or complicated equipment so please BYO roadies.
* Participants must ensure that the stage is clean and tidy for the next participant.
* Remind Phil to buy you a drink on the night!
Free drinks for anyone who can help out with AV on the night! Contact Dr Phil ASAP.
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer, videomaker, presenter and science communication trainer.
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter: Phil Up On Science
Physical: Canberra, Australia
P: +61 414 94 55 77