2019 Westpac Research Fellowships
Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol43 Issue79 23–27 July 2018
The Westpac Foundation is now accepting applications for 2019 Westpac Research Fellowships. This unique fellowship supports outstanding early career researchers whose ground-breaking work has the potential to make a difference in one of the Foundation's focus areas.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Awarded a PhD between 1 September 2012 and 1 September 2015 (exemptions are available, so please talk to us if you’re outside this range)
- Proposed project must commence by 30 June 2019
- The proposed research includes international opportunities to develop your leadership skills and global networks.
- Fellowship recipients will be exceptional people, chosen for their intellectual ability, leadership qualities, and commitment to the community.
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Enabling positive social change
- NOTE: funding requests for the purpose of medical research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policywill not be considered
Funding Amount and Duration: $400,000 over three years
Research Office Deadline
6 August 2018 – 10am
Complete application and letter of support due to RSD via CRO
21 August 2018
Application (funding body) Deadline
27 August 2018
Shortlisting and Online Emotional Intelligence Assessment
by 30 June 2019
Things to note
- Two letters of reference and one letter of support from the DVCR&I’s office are required – this means there is a strict internal timeline for applications.
- The host institution is expected to supply a salary top up.
- The host institution is required to fund research costs.
- You will not be permitted to undertake formal teaching responsibilities during the fellowship period.
- Only four Universities are eligible for this Fellowship (including ANU).
Please contact the Research Office as soon as possible if you would like to apply for this opportunity.