Published in the Research School of Physics Event Horizon
Vol43 Issue40 23–27 October 2017
Guidelines for the EoI Process for Head of Department Appointment
- 1) Before the end of term of the current Head of Department the Director will call a Departmental meeting to discuss the process. At this meeting a schedule for the EoI and appointment will be set. The meeting will also establish the term of the next appointment. By a majority view the Department members may select any term from 3 to 5 years in length.
- 2) Immediately after the Departmental meeting the Director will open a School-wide EoI for a 1 week period. The terms of appointment will be available on request of the School Executive Assistant.
- 3) An EoI will consist the applicant’s name, their Department and a brief response to the Selection Criteria. Submission should be less than 1 page and the School Manager will act as Returning Officer
- 4) After the EoI closes the School Manager will email the School with a list of applicants and the date of the next School Executive meeting. At that meeting the applicants will be discussed and a recommendation will be made to the Director. The Director will then confirm with the successful applicant and consequently inform the Department. A School-wide announcement will be made in the next Event Horizon.
- 5) All continuing academic staff in RSPE, irrespective of level or current host Department, are eligible to submit an EoI.
- 6) The current Head of Department may submit an EoI.
- - Commitment to representing the Department’s interests in the broader School and University context.
- - Preparedness to maintain and represent the Department’s 3-6-9
- - Commitment to enhancing research and teaching programs in the Dept and the School.
- - Commitment to promoting the principles of Equity and Diversity
- - Commitment to the ANU Strategic Plan.