ANU Purchase Cards are utilised to ensure efficient purchasing across the ANU. This guideline should be read in conjunction with the Research School of Physics Purchasing guidelines. All purchases using ANU purchase cards are to comply with ANU Procurement, Expenditure, and ANU Purchase Card Policies.
All ANU purchase cardholders must have appropriate Financial Delegation. Where the cardholder does not have delegation over the account that the purchase will go against, they must seek approval in writing from the account holder before the purchase is made.
Under the current University Expenditure Control Framework, the School’s purchase cards are limited to the following persons:
- School Manager
- School Approved Purchasers:
- Purchasing & Store staff
- School Administrators (including Centre Administrators)
- Functional Managers (SCU, EU, WS,FS)
Purchase Card Procedure
1. Purchase card application:
- Complete the purchase card application. Default transaction limit and credit limit is $5000.
- Provide a memo from your respective HoD to support the application. If you request a monthly credit limit greater than the default, justification is required.
- Send the purchase card application to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing
2. Use of purchase card
- Cardholders must ensure expenditure is within budget and complies with ANU policies and procedures.
- Academic purchase cards are only for travel purposes. Other purchases should go through the RSPhys Purchasing & Store team, or School Approved Purchasers.
- Receipts/Invoices must be obtained for all transactions regardless of the transaction value (including transaction values under $75 (excluding GST) or $82.50 (including GST)).
- Cardholders must include written approval with receipts/invoices where they or their approving supervisor do not have budget responsibility over an account being utilized.
- All purchase card orders delivered to the RSPhys Store should include a contact name and department to avoid delay and mishandling on arrival.
3. Purchase card reconciliation
- Cardholders are required to acquit transactions within 30 days through Concur
- Cardholders must include receipts/invoices regardless of the transaction value.
- Cardholders must ensure to adhere to the following when acquitting expenditures through Concur:
- Select the correct expense type
- Use the correct charge code
- Enter a clear and discernible Ledger Description (Guideline - Purchase Card Description (PDF, 128kB))
- Cardholders must include written approval where they, or their approving supervisor, do not have budget responsibility over an account being utilized.
- Unauthorized transactions charged to a purchase card, must be disputed by the cardholder as soon as possible. Please visit Disputed Transactions for guidance
- When incorrect purchase card usage occurs (e.g, accidentally use of an ANU Purchase Card for personal expenditure), please refer to Incorrect Purchase Card Usage for guidance.
- Purchase card limit will be reduced to $1 if cardholders don’t acquit expenditures within 60 days.
- If you are going on leave, or are leaving the ANU, please visit here for guidance.