The RSPE Store is the largest materials Store on campus, with almost 3000 individual stock lines. With such a wide range of products and the ability to assist with all kinds of procurement, the RSPE Store provides an extensive support function to all areas of the School as well as the wider ANU community.
We are able to provide assistance with the following:
- All procurement matters, ranging from minor purchases to major tenders.
- Over the counter sales of Stores stocked items. You will need a valid stores ID card and valid budget code. Items not stocked by the Store can be ordered in.
- Orders and collection of stocked items from other Stores on campus.
- Receipt of incoming goods. Stores staff will advise you upon delivery to arrange collection.
- Assistance with incoming and outgoing freight, including customs clearances.
- Dispatch of outgoing items such as samples for research. Please see here for instructions how to send an item.
- “Self Service Store” – we keep a stock of commonly used items (nuts, bolts, washers, pens etc.) for occasions when you only require a few items. These can be had for no charge. See the Stores staff for help if you haven’t used this service before.
- Store run for purchase and collection of goods from the industrial areas of Canberra. This generally runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons, depending upon demand. Request forms are here.
- Recycling – we currently recycle:
- toner cartridges,
- alkaline and rechargeable batteries,
- paper and cardboard,
- Some office furniture (desks, filing cabinets, chairs). Bring your old stuff down for disposal and we will try to find a new home for it first. Likewise, check with us to see what we have before you buy that new desk or filing cabinet!
- Waste disposal, including:
- Old computers and consumables. Please ensure that all hard drives are removed prior to bringing your old computer to the Store for disposal.
- Office furniture that doesn’t get recycled
- Cutting equipment, including a band-saw and sheet metal guillotine. Please see the Store staff for access and assistance.
- Forklift – this is available for loading/unloading of heavy goods, as well as movement of items around the school and wider campus. Store staff can operate or it can be borrowed by school staff holding a valid forklift operator’s licence.
- Truck – this is available for deliveries and pickups. Store staff can operate or it can be used by school staff holding a valid driver’s licence. See School Reception to book for self-use.
- Finance “In Tray” – in which you can put invoices and staff reimbursements to be paid, and purchasing requisitions to be processed.
- And many other things as well!
We are located in Room C3.14 in the Cockcroft Building (Bldg 58 - ground floor).
Address for deliveries is:
RSPE Store, Building 58 west end of Garran Road,
Australian National University,
Canberra ACT 2601
We are open Monday to Friday between 8:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm.